Thursday, November 3, 2011

Monster Glyph

My first post!  It's a little intimidating.. but I'll give it my best shot! :)

For Halloween, my kiddos and I made some nifty monster glyphs.

First, I read 3 books to them:

There Was an Old Monster Who Swallowed a Tick
If You're a Monster and You Know It
Go Away, Big Green Monster!

They were all 3 great books, they begged to hear each one again and again! :)  The first 2 are great, too, because they have a website you can use to play the story as the kiddos work on their glyphs!

Here's our monsterous recipe!
Hair=How old are you?
Teeth=How many teeth have you lost?
Eyes= Square-boys; Circle-girl
Nose= "J" - blonde hair; "W"- brown hair
Ears= round-youngest child; pointy-middle child; squiggly-oldest child
Face= Favorite color

Here's how they turned out:






















No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?