1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper- for everyone else. For me, gift bags so I can peek ahead of time. Yes, I'm that kid who can't wait until Christmas, or wait for anything. When my hubby and I had out babies, he
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial for now. When my boys get a little older, we'll go tree hunting, but for now- no stress, no hassel, art-if-icial!!!
3. When do you put up the tree?Whenever my hubby can get it down from the loft- it's too heavy for me to drop down from the loft what is 10 feet in the air- so he's in charge.
4. When do you take the tree down?
See answer # 3... hubby in charge.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. yuck.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My grandpa made my dolly a wooden rocking chair for her to sit in.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes! My teaching friends pitched in and got me the Willow Tree Nativity and creche when I got married. I collect Willow Tree Figurines and I cried... a little... when they gave it to me- so sweet :)
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad. He just buys whatever he needs, and anytime I ask him, he just says "I want the love of my family." nice try, but next year don't even think about asking for World Peace. I don't know how to wrap that.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom. She and I have the same taste- so if I'd like it, I buy it for her. (and then end up borrowing it. ha)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
mail. I especially love the picture cards and the letters families write- so cute! :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Gosh, I dont know. But I did see the Ellen episode of people who wrote in saying their worst- they were so funny! sorry, I can't contribute. oh wait- it's not christmas, but it was my birthday. My hubby asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted hanging flower baskets for me porch. I came home to a flat screen hanging in our bedroom... I'm just gonna say that for his birthday, he got hanging flowers for the porch. HA! :)
12. Favorite Christmas movie?How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Charlie Brown Chrismas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'm a total Black Friday nut- so that's when it starts!
14. Ever recycled a present?
sadly, yes, but here's my question- who hasnt?!?!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
my grandma's noodles- yum :) I can almost taste it now....
16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?Clear :) I have a pre-lit white lights tree, and the old school big bulbs in white on my house. CLEAR, CLEAR, CLEAR!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I like Where are you Christmas sung by Faith Hill. :)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Stay home- I live within walking distance of my hubby's parents, sister, and brother. His other sis lives in Nashville and she comes to us. We live within a 7 min. car ride of my parents and my brother lives in Cincinnati, so he comes up here. I'm pretty blessed to have all family members close :)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes, but I have to sing the song...
20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
Star, and I love watching my hubby hoist my 4 yr old on his shoulders to put the tree on. I'm a HUGE scrapbooker, and that's totally scrapbook worthy!!!
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas starts today and doesn't end until Sunday evening. We are BUSY. We have HUGE families.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
my boys hating Santa. Again, scrapbooker right here, and it's not cute to put a pic of a child frightened to death by santa on a page. it's just not. when will they grow out of it?!?! I have a 4yr old and a 2yr old...and still they hate the big fat man in red.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
no theme, no color, my favs are the ones my hubby and I made when we were kids. I also love the ones my 4 yr old has made at the babysitters. homemade, handmade, love it all!
24. What do you want for Christmas?
that's easy- I want an iPod. I ran my first 5K this summer, and LOVED it. So, now I'm training for a half marathon (I'll be running the Mini Marathon in Indianapolis, who's with me?!?!) and I want an iPod touch so I can use the Nike+ chip in my shoe to track how I'm running. I think I've proven that I'm dedicated to running, so don't you think I should get one??? So, let me know if you'd like to buy it for me, and I'll give you my shipping address. Or, you can just send me an Amazon gift card, and I'll be happy to pick it out for you. I'm just trying to make it easy on you :)
oh- there you go- I'm done. Now, I need to go make lunch.
p.s. Really, all I want for Christmas is a few more followers. Please surprise me Christmas morning with, oh let's say, 50 followers???? or, really 30 would be just fine too.