Monday, November 14, 2011

Science!

Science is probably one of my favorite subjects to teach.  I love how it just lends itself to hands-on exploring.  I thought I'd share my Science Journals with you!
This is the cover of my journal.

And this is what the inside looks like.  I make 1 copy of the above page, and staple about 20 of these front/back to the front cover.  That gives us about 40 experiments in a year, which is great! :) 

Here is one of my most recent science experiments:  Learning about static!

Take a balloon (you've already got the Kinders HOOKED just by saying the word Balloon!  :)

Shake some salt and pepper on a paper plate, and have the Kinders rub the balloon on their head to create some static.  When you run the balloon over the paperplate *without it touching the plate!* the salt and pepper start to "dance"  STATIC!! :)

*Don't forget to record your experiment in your new handy science journal!!!*
You can get your copy of the science journals from my Teacher's Notebook Store: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?