Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Super Simple Symmetry

We are learning about symmetry in math class and we usually just paint on side of a paper and then fold the paper over to duplicate the painted picture to show symmetry.  Well we decided to do something different this year- and I think they turned out really cute!!!

Super Simple (which is what I like!)  Fold a piece of construction paper in half.  Cut, Snip, Trim to your little heart's desire.  Open, and viola- symmetry!  Glue the paper onto a different color piece of paper to make your symmetry pop!  Here are some samples:


Some even turned out cool- like this rocket ship!






There you have it! Super. Simple. Symmetry.
And, don't forget once I reach 200 followers, we'll get this groovy giveaway going.  Do you want more hints?

Since my post was about math, how about this addition problem as your hint for today:

What do you get when you add:

TeacherTipster

              +

Living a Wonderful Life

              +



            +

YOUR NAME


EQUALS= ONE GROOVY GIVEAWAY!  So, pass the word along- and let's get to 200 and get this show on the road!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the symmetry! Congrats on hitting 200!!!

    meganwheeler44@yahoo.com
    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching over 200 followers. What an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! 200 is my next goal! Now I am following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this symmetry idea!! So simple and fun. I'm excited you stopped by my blog today and joined the Mingle Blog Hop! I am always on the hunt for great teaching blogs and since I will have a Kindergartner next year, your ideas are going to be just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?